Friday, January 22, 2010

Birthday Girl!


9 years ago, I became an aunt for the first time. I was teaching school in New York at the time and couldn't wait till the weekend came so I could scuttle home to Lancaster and meet my new neice. She was born on a Monday so you can only imagine how long and torturous the week was for me! I cried when I first held her and dreamed of all of the things we would do together.

A few years ago, I stopped getting my neices and nephews "gifts" for their birthdays. Instead I take them out for a treat. After all, a child can only use so many toys and I love the quality time it gives me with them. They seem to enjoy it too. Before I was married, I spent lots of time with the kiddos and now that I'm married and live further away, it doesn't happen as often.

We had planned to go to the tea room in Intercourse, but they closed early the day we went. Instead Breanne wanted to go to Angela's Cafe. How fun to go with my neice to a coffee shop! We chatted and drank our coffee and then browsed the books upstairs. Breanne is swiftly becoming a little lady and I seriously enjoyed our time together.

Happy Birthday Breezy! I love you!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww!! I like! She was on cloud nine too. I asked her what she got there, and with a BIG grin she said "iced coffee"!! she thought she was hot stuff to have a cup all to herself! Thanks Aunt mimy!

    ReplyDelete