Friday, January 22, 2010

"I'll Pray For You"


You're in my prayers...
I'll be praying for you...

How many times have we said these words or something similar to hurting people? I've been so convicted of this lately. It's so easy for me to say this to someone and then "forget" about it. Sure, I pray for them when they come to mind but I don't intercede for them like I should. Because of technology, many people (me included) share their lives with the world. It's so easy to drop someone a comment on facebook or twitter or whatever saying I'll pray for them. It just seems like the thing to do. But will I really pray for them?
I've started to stop and say a prayer for them in that instant, yet, I feel like God is calling me into something deeper. Prayer has always been a struggle for me. I struggle to stay awake or my mind goes a million different directions (it's called multi-tasking!!!).

The thought came to me that I should journal about my prayers. I had been thinking about this for a long time and last week at our ladies tea, our speaker brought it up again. I thought, Ok God, I get the hint! So I stopped at Walmart on my way home from work a few days ago with the sole purpose of getting a notebook. I could have used an old notebook from home but it feels better to start clean and fresh.
I would love to hear from any of you...do you journal your prayers and how do you remember who all to pray for?

Not really knowing how or where to start, I labeled different pages with different people who I want to pray for. It's amazing how many people you can think of or who need prayer. My plan is to keep adding to the list. I have a section in the back labeled "ANSWERS" and want to remember to write specific answers to prayer.
So I'm at the start of my journey into prayer. I'm excited to see who God lays on my heart.


2 comments:

  1. You have put into words the thoughts going thru my head the last few months. I really started thinking about how many times I easily say "I'll be praying," without really making sure I follow thru on that commitment. You took a great first step in buying a notebook - good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing journey this will be for you! I'm sure you'll find a blessing in this, and you'll see the answers to your prayers as well. Our God is so great! I love the notebook idea. I had one of those once, and hope to do it again someday. I find that it's hard with little ones, but I don't want that to be an excuse either.

    ReplyDelete