Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bosom Buddies


You've probably heard of the term "Bosom Buddies" before. I first heard it in the Anne of Green Gables movies of which I am a huge fan. There's just something about being with friends you've known for years and can still connect. I am blessed with many friends in my life, and many "bosom buddies". These 2 gals and I go WAY back. Back to the pre cell phone days of puffed up hair and piling 3 in the front seat to cruising around town. Seriously, that's what we did to enterain ourselves. Cruise around town. Do kids even do that nowdays?

We were all pretty independent and could get around just fine on our own! There are many stories I could tell that have me blushing just thinking of how immature we were! We also grew spiritually together. Some of my favorite memories are of praying in the car when something was bugging one or all of us.

Life had a way of separating us. I went to New York to teach school, Lorene was the first to get married, Suz spent a year at Hillcrest and we all made different friends. But every now and then we would still get together and it was as if the years had disappeared! We could pick up right where we left off and share our gut. Even though we've been in different phases of life the past 10 years, we could still relate.

This week we spent a day together again. It felt like the clock had turned back 10 years, other than having to get sitters and get home to the kiddos! We went to see a movie, but this time we didn't have to sneak in! : ) After the movie we went to a cafe to sit and chat. I love how open I can be with these 2 and I don't feel judged by them. In a world that is always changing, I am so thankful that some things never do!


Love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. don't you gals think we should ressurect the slides that were taken in the 'pouffed-up hair' era of the mid 90's? they're stored in our basement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the post, although I had to make myself believe that I love those first two pictures. HA! yes, bosom buddies says it well. I will never grow tired of spending time with "us 3". I love it too how we can always reconnect, no matter how long it's been. Thanks for being my forever bosom buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's great brings back some good old days.that was so much fun getting together.and thanks for being that forever friend.suz smucker

    ReplyDelete